Wednesday 3 October 2012

Thought of You - Ryan Woodward

I just discovered this short animation by Ryan Woodward called 'Thought of You'. The pairing of music and animation is something that I've always been really taken with (I watched Fantasia and The Illusionist countless times) so I'm very excited to have found this!


Here's the artist's website:
He's recently released an Ipad app which is an animated graphic novel (a combination of two of my three favourite things!) called "Bottom of the Ninth' 

These are drawings from an art exhibition of his called 'Conte Animated'. Everything he draws/animates is graceful and gestural. 


He also designed an animated Google logo to commemorate the life of the late dance choreographer Martha Graham.


Woodward has a strong interest in combining the arts (dance and animation, animated graphic novel) and highly appreciates the aesthetics of contemporary dance.



No comments:

Post a Comment